TRAINING WITH US
· The Principles and Art of Para-Medical Skin Camouflage Techniques
Our diploma course, which spans four consecutive days, is designed to provide a wide-ranging programme that is acknowledged as being unique it its complete approach, assessment criteria, practical workshops, standards of tutorial sessions and guest speakers.
All applicants are subject to our acceptance criteria; this course is only available to those who are qualified doctors, nurses, dentists, podiatrists, pharmacists, medical technicians and therapists and ward assistants; aesthetic and beauty therapists; makeup artists; tutors of those subject areas.
The course is specifically designed for professionals to immediately implement skin camouflage applications in their place of work, and for those who teach or promote this service.
the course content includes,
- psychological issues when working with someone who has an altered image
- why it is important to understand language and to empower people to make informed choices
- understanding skin colour and the colours in dermatoses, scars and products
- conditions suitable and contra indicated for skin camouflage
- appreciation of how we see colour and why it is necessary to work in appropriate lighting conditions
- understanding differences within various products available
- how to apply, maintain and effectively remove skin camouflage
- application of natural faults and beard shadow
- replacing eyelash, eyebrow and lips
- understanding the use of postiche and prosthesis
- appreciation of medical tattooing
- knowledge of what can be worn under and over skin camouflage
- legalities and promoting your camouflage service
- skin-colour match to your own skin
- skin-colour match to your peers’ skin
- successful camouflage to various skin conditions (patients as models present)
each trainee receives
✓ a comprehensive camouflage samples kit from the brands currently available on NHS prescription and a selection of over the counter products
✓ applicators other products we consider useful
✓ a copy of Cover, the principles and art of para-medical skin camouflage, our published text book
✓ a copy of our Products Information Manual
✓ and a wealth of hand-out information in support of all sessions.
Attendance does not automatically mean pass, assessment is written, oral and visual. Upon successful completion trainees are presented with their prestigious BASC Diploma, which is accepted for indemnity purposes by medical and industrial insurance agencies (usually at no additional premium cost) and be eligible for 30 hrs RCN CPD and from your core skill provider.
Places are limited to allow for individual instruction and quality workshops. The closing date for these events is one calendar month before the course starts. We strongly advise booking early as places are quickly taken; we cannot guarantee to accept applications that are received within 30 days of the course starting.
although our graduates work independently of us, we do not run clinics or provide referrals,
we are very proud of the part they play in helping others to
face the world, with confidence
further information and booking form available from firstname.lastname@example.org
we have a duty to safeguard all participants, our training is very tactile,
due to the Covid-19 virus, all our courses are postponed
please contact email@example.com for our 2022 programme venue Chester
Due to the C-19 pandemic BASC suspended all training events scheduled during 2020. The indications mid 2020 suggested “normality” from May 2021 – however, the virus mutations since December 2020 imply that the social distancing is unlikely to be removed for some months yet.
The course is very tactile and our Trustees acknowledge we have a duty of care to ensure all participants (attendees, the patients who come along as models, the hotel staff and the BASC team) are safeguarded. It also requires all travel restrictions to be lifted, and that might include isolation for those who may travel from abroad.
We are concerned, but aware, that this does mean postponing to Spring 2022.